Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

My very first decorated cookies July 2009


My very first decorated cookies 7-2009
Originally uploaded by sskbmorgan

July 2009 I decided to see what it was like to make sugar cookies and decorate them with royal icing. I have made plenty of cookies, and I am even known by many as "the cookie lady", but I have never attempted to make cutout cookies and decorate them.
A friend of mine was bringing her husband to Texas to visit, his first time....so I thought I would make some Texas flags.
I am a researcher by nature so first I researched the best ways to make and use royal icing. then I looked up pictures of decorated Texas flag cookies for inspiration........what came next was a HUGE but somewhat FUN MESS! :) My inspirations were SweetSugarBelle  and Bake@350  
Here is a picture of my very first decorated cookies! (sorry...bad picture! )

I made the biggest mess and thought for sure I would never attempt to use that icing again....LOL

No comments: